Visual Forms - MD Personal Property Software Download and Update Page
MD2024 Personal Property Tax Software Install File
- PLEASE make sure you READ the email that contains your download information. This was a major update.
- Please remember to update your Preparer and Billing letter templates before importing and creating new clients.
- IMPORTANT – When setting up your client data files directory and email templates, please do NOT save your client data files or email templates in the C:\Program Files\2024 Maryland directory (Please note, however, that the program should be installed here). If you do choose to save them there, you may not be able to retrieve them. It is suggested that you save them to the top level of your C drive or to your server directory instead. This applies to all Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11 users. If you do save your files to the C:/Program File/ directory, you may NOT be able to see them later. If this happens, you will need to get your technical support staff to help you find the files.
Note: you will have to use the password supplied to you by Customer Support in an email.
- Click on the link above. We recommend using Chrome web browser.
- In the save file dialog, select the directory where you wish to save the file. If you are using Chrome, it will be downloaded into your C:\download directory. In Chrome click the download symbol on the top bar to open this directory.
- Once saved, double click on the file to install the program
DOWNLOAD ERROR MESSAGES and How to handle them.
- If you are using Windows 10 or 11, you may get a message that says "Do you want to download from an unknown publisher".
- Click on "Yes"
- If you are using Windows 10 or 11, you may get a message that says "Windows Protected Your PC, Windows smartscreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk"
- Click on "More Info"
- Click on "Run Anyway"
How to CHECK FOR UPDATES to Your Software (Do NOT update from within the program):
- Go to the Windows Start button. (Bottom left on monitor)
- Go to Maryland 2024 Property Tax. Click down arrow.
- Select "Check for Updates" and click on it.
- Reboot your computer